1. Akizuki-class destroyer (2010) – The Akizuki-class destroyer is a destroyer class of the JMSDF - four ships were planned. The Akizuki Class is intended to escort the Hyuga class and Izumo class helicopter destroyers, the destroyer provides defence against surface, airborne and undersea threats. This class used to be designated 19DD - referring to a date on the Japanese calendar, the Akizuki class is a modernized and slightly heavier variant of the Takanami class destroyer, whose purpose is to shield the Kongō class from air, surface and subsurface threats. Main features of the class include enhanced C4ISR and Anti-Aircraft Warfare capability, with an OYQ-11 advanced Combat Direction Sub-system, OYQ-11 This is the first CDS adopting a fully distributed computing architecture to be implemented in general-purpose destroyers of the JMSDF. AN/UYQ-70 workstations form the basic computing platform, with Link 16 datalinks, in addition to the CDS, this class is equipped with SATCOM terminals linked to Superbird satellites, part of the Maritime Operation Force system. The MOF system is the operational C4I system used in the fleet of the JMSDF, based on the ILOG architecture, there are also USC-42 DAMA terminals for GCCS-M, the American counterpart of the MOF system. FCS-3A This is a domestically developed AAW combat system and it consists of two main components, one is an dual-band and multimode active electronically scanned array radar, and the other is the fire-control system. The FCS-3A is the derivative of the FCS-3 of the Hyūga-class helicopter destroyer, an ESSM SAM VLS is integrated with the FCS-3A. Anti-submarine and Electronic Warfare capabilities of the Akizuki class have been enhanced, with a new OQQ-22 integrated sonar suite sub-system, and these sub-systems communicate across a NOYQ-1B wide area network. In totality these systems are comparable to those of the Zumwalt-class destroyer, ministry of Defense 平成18年度 事前の事業評価 Summary Reference Prior evaluation note
2. Akizuki-class destroyer (1959) – The Akizuki-class destroyer was a destroyer class built for the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force in the late 1950s. This class was planned to be a leader with the enhanced command and control capability. As a result, the project of this class was financed by the Off Shore Procurement of the United States, with the enlargement of the hull, the steam turbine propulsion system was uprated with higher-pressure boilers. This class was equipped with both weapons of the Murasame class and the torpedo/mine weapons of the Ayanami class. And alongside these anti-submarine weapons similar to them of the Ayanami class, the JMSDF desired this American ASW rocket launcher earnestly, but then, it became clear that it was not as good as it was supposed to be. It was later replaced by a Type 71375 mm quadruple ASW rocket launcher in 1976
3. Sasebo Naval Arsenal – Sasebo Naval Arsenal was one of four principal naval shipyards owned and operated by the Imperial Japanese Navy. The Sasebo Naval District was established at Sasebo, Nagasaki in 1886, after the establishment of the navy base, a ship repair facility was established in 1889 with a dry dock. With the addition of equipment and facilities for production by 1897, the Sasebo Shipyards were officially established. Construction of the arsenal was supervised by the French engineer Louis-Émile Bertin, in 1913, a 250-ton crane was installed, and the shipbuilding facilities expanded to permit the construction of large warships. The facilities at Sasebo were also used for the conversion of the Akagi, the 21st Naval Air Arsenal, established jointly at Sasebo and Omura, produced a total of 966 aircraft. The facilities at Sasebo were used for repairs on the battleships Yamato, the remaining portion of the shipyards was given into civilian hands with the establishment of Sasebo Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. in 1946. Sasebo Heavy Industries is one of Japans few remaining active shipbuilders, making Waves, Politics, Propaganda, And The Emergence Of The Imperial Japanese Navy, 1868-1922. French Policy Towards the Bakufu and Meiji Japan 1854-1894, A Case of Misjudgement, history of US Fleet Activities Sasebo
4. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries – Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. is a Japanese multinational engineering, electrical equipment, and electronics company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Through its defense-related activities it is the worlds 23rd-largest defense contractor measured by 2011 defense revenues, MHI is one of the core companies of the Mitsubishi Group. This was renamed Nagasaki Seitetsusho in 1860, and construction was completed in 1861, following the Meiji Restoration of 1868, the shipyard was placed under control of the new Government of Meiji Japan. The first dry dock was completed in 1879, iwasaki purchased the shipyards outright in 1887. In 1891, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries - Yokohama Machinery Works was started as Yokohama Dock Company and its main business was ship repairs, to which it added ship servicing by 1897. The works was renamed Mitsubishi Shipyard of Mitsubishi Goshi Kaisha in 1893, the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries - Shimonoseki Shipyard & Machinery Works was established in 1914. It produced industrial machinery and merchant ships, the Nagasaki company was renamed Mitsubishi Shipbuilding & Engineering Company, Ltd. in 1917 and again renamed as Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in 1934. It became the largest private firm in Japan, active in the manufacture of ships, heavy machinery, airplanes, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries merged with the Yokohama Dock Company in 1935. From its inception, the Mitsubishi Nagasaki shipyards were heavily involved in contracts for the Imperial Japanese Navy, the largest battleship Musashi was completed at Nagasaki in 1942. The Kobe Shipyard of Mitsubishi Goshi Kaisha was established in 1905, the Kobe Shipyard merged with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in 1934. The Kobe Shipyard constructed the ocean liner Argentina Maru, and the submarines the I-19, following the dissolution of the zaibatsu after the surrender of Japan at the end of World War II, Mitsubishi divided into three companies. Mitsubishi Nagasaki became West Japan Heavy Industries, Ltd, the Nagasaki Shipyard was renamed Mitsubishi Shipbuilding & Engineering Co. Ltd. in 1952. The Mitsubishi Kobe Shipyard became Central Japan Heavy Industries, Ltd. in 1950, in 1964, the three independent companies from the 1950 break-up were merged again into one company under the name of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. The Nagasaki works was renamed the Nagasaki Shipyard & Engine Works, the Kobe works was renamed the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries - Kobe Shipyard & Machinery Works. In 1970, MHIs automobile parts department became an independent company as Mitsubishi Motors, MHI participated in a ¥540 billion emergency rescue of Mitsubishi Motors in January 2005, in partnership with Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group. As part of the rescue, MHI acquired ¥50 billion of Mitsubishi Motors stock, increasing its stake to 15 percent. In October 2009, MHI announced an order for up to 100 regional jets from the United States-based airline Trans States Holdings. MHI entered talks with Hitachi in August 2011 about a merger of the two companies, in what would have been the largest merger between two Japanese companies in history
5. Uraga Dock Company – Uraga Dock Company was a major privately owned shipyard in Uraga, Japan, which built numerous warships for the Imperial Japanese Navy. Uraga Dock Company was founded by Enomoto Takeaki in 1869, a shipyard had already existed in Uraga from the end of the Edo period. When Commodore Perrys flagship anchored off Uraga in 1854, one of the officials of the Tokugawa shogunate who boarded the American vessel was a trained shipwright, Nakajima Saburosuke. He subsequently participated in the repair of the Dutch-built Kanrin maru, however, the Tokugawa government decided to establish its own shipyards at nearby Yokosuka, and the Uraga facilities went out of business in 1876. Nakajima died during the Boshin War of the Meiji restoration fighting on the Tokugawa side, Uraga Dock Company managed to buy out Ishikawajima in 1902. In 1906, Uraga Dock Company launched its first destroyer for the Imperial Japanese Navy, over its subsequent history, the dockyards at Uraga constructed over 1000 vessels, including ferries, passenger liners, training vessels, and warships of various sizes. Numerous vessels were produced for the export market. By 1919, Uraga Dock Company was considered one of the largest and best equipped shipyards in the world. Subsidiary companies were established in Yokkaichi, Mie and in Tsingtao, Uraga Dock Company was also characterized by its organized labor force, one of the earliest in Japan, which went on strike in 1905-1907, 1910-1911, and in 1915. In post war Japan, Uraga Dock Company was acquired by the Sumitomo group in 1969 and it was modernized extensively on several occasions, but increasing competitive pressures from overseas ship builders forced Sumitomo to close down operations in 2003. Labor and Imperial Democracy in Prewar Japan, the Mastery of the Far East. Sumitomo group history archives New York Times January 41903
6. Imperial Japanese Navy – The Imperial Japanese Navy was the navy of the Empire of Japan from 1868 until 1945, when it was dissolved following Japans defeat and surrender in World War II. The Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force was formed after the dissolution of the IJN, the Japanese Navy was the third largest navy in the world by 1920, behind the Royal Navy and the United States Navy. It was supported by the Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service for aircraft and it was the primary opponent of the Western Allies in the Pacific War. This eventually led to the Meiji Restoration, accompanying the re-ascendance of the Emperor came a period of frantic modernization and industrialization. Following the attempts at Mongol invasions of Japan by Kubilai Khan in 1274 and 1281, Japan undertook major naval building efforts in the 16th century, during the Warring States period, when feudal rulers vying for supremacy built vast coastal navies of several hundred ships. Around that time Japan may have developed one of the first ironclad warships when Oda Nobunaga, in 1588 Toyotomi Hideyoshi issued a ban on Wakō piracy, the pirates then became vassals of Hideyoshi, and comprised the naval force used in the Japanese invasion of Korea. Japan built her first large ocean-going warships in the beginning of the 17th century, from 1604 the Bakufu also commissioned about 350 Red seal ships, usually armed and incorporating some Western technologies, mainly for Southeast Asian trade. For more than 200 years, beginning in the 1640s, the Japanese policy of seclusion forbade contacts with the outside world and prohibited the construction of ocean-going ships on pain of death. Contacts were maintained, however, with the Dutch through the port of Nagasaki, the Chinese also through Nagasaki and the Ryukyus and Korea through intermediaries with Tsushima. Apart from Dutch trade ships no other Western vessels were allowed to enter Japanese ports, an exception was during the Napoleonic wars. However frictions with foreign ships started from the beginning of the 19th century, the Nagasaki Harbour Incident involving the HMS Phaeton in 1808 and other subsequent incidents in the following decades led to the Shogunate to enact an edict to repel foreign vessels. Western ships which were increasing their presence around Japan due to whaling, the shogunate also began to strengthen the nations coastal defenses. Numerous attempts to open Japan ended in failure in part to Japanese resistance, during 1853 and 1854, American warships under the command of Commodore Matthew Perry entered Edo Bay and made demonstrations of force requesting trade negotiations. After two hundred years of seclusion the 1854 Convention of Kanagawa led to the opening of Japan to international trade and this was soon followed by the 1858 Treaty of Amity and Commerce and treaties with other powers. In 1855, with Dutch assistance, the Shogunate acquired its first steam warship, Kankō Maru, samurai such as the future Admiral Enomoto Takeaki were sent by the Shogunate to study in the Netherlands for several years. In 1859 the Naval Training Center relocated to Tsukiji in Tokyo, in 1857 the Shogunate acquired its first screw-driven steam warship Kanrin Maru and used it as an escort for the 1860 Japanese delegation to the United States. In 1865 the French naval engineer Léonce Verny was hired to build Japans first modern naval arsenals, at Yokosuka, in 1867–1868 a British Naval mission headed by Commander Richard Tracey went to Japan to assist the development of the Japanese Navy and to organize the naval school of Tsukiji. The Shogunate also allowed and then ordered various domains to purchase warships and to develop naval fleets, Satsuma, a naval center had been set up by the Satsuma domain in Kagoshima, students were sent abroad for training and a number of ships were acquired
7. Republic of China Navy – The Republic of China Navy is the maritime branch of the Republic of China Armed Forces. Operations include maritime patrols in the Taiwan Strait and surrounding waters, as well as counter-strike, the Republic of China Marine Corps functions as a branch of the Navy. The ship prefix for ROCN combatants is ROCS, a usage is CNS. The Navy CHQs is subordinate to the General Staff, the Minister of Defense, internal units, Personnel, Combat Readiness & Training, Logistics, Planning, Combat Systems, General Affairs, Comptroller, Inspector General, Political Warfare. 7th Hai Feng Shore Based Anti-ship Missile Squadron, Haulien, Eastern Taiwan, Aviation Command Naval Aviation, at Pingtung, will receive 12 P-3C 2013/2014. 1st ASW Aviation Group 133rd Squadron, S-2T, at Pingtung, 2nd ASW Aviation Group 701st Helicopter Squadron, S-70C-1, at Hualien. 702nd Helicopter Squadron, S-70C-2, at Tsoying, 501st Helicopter Squadron, 500MD ASW, at Tsoying. Sources, The precursor to the modern ROC Navy was established as the Ministry of the Navy in the Provisional Government of the Republic of China in 1911 following the overthrow of the Qing dynasty. During the period of warlordism that scarred China in the 1920s and 1930s the ROCN remained loyal to the Kuomintang government of Sun Yat-sen instead of the government in Beijing. During that time and throughout World War II, the ROCN concentrated mainly on riverine warfare as the poorly equipped ROCN was not a match to Imperial Japanese Navy over ocean or coast. Following World War II, a number of Japanese destroyers and decommissioned U. S. ships were transferred to the ROC Navy. During the Chinese Civil War, the ROCN was involved in the protection of supply convoys, the subsequent reorganization and reestablishment of the Navy after evacuation to Taiwan is referenced in the lyrics of the post 1949 ROC Navy Song The New Navy. Since the 1990s the Navy has grown in importance as the emphasis of the ROCs military doctrine moves towards countering a possible Peoples Republic of China blockade, as well as offshore engagement. The ROCN has been working hard to expand its capability in electronic and anti-submarine warfare, however local shipbuilder CSBC still lacks the technology to build modern submarines. Traditionally, most ROCN equipment is purchased from the United States, the ROCN has also purchased Lafayette-class frigates from France and Zwaardvis-class submarines from the Netherlands as well as four U. S. Kidd-class destroyers originally intended for Iran. Despite the ROCN refurbishing and extending the life of its vessels and equipment. It has only two useful submarines, the U. S. Furthermore, the Legislative Yuan did not approve the budget and thereby slowed the opportunity to procure the badly needed underwater defense capability. A contract was awarded to Lockheed Martin to refurbish the 12 P-3C Orion aircraft for the ROC on 13 March 2009, in 2008, the ROCN set out to acquire an improved anti-ship capability
8. Soviet Navy – The Soviet Navy was the naval arm of the Soviet Armed Forces. The influence of the Soviet Navy played a role in the Cold War. The Soviet Navy was divided into four major fleets, the Northern, Pacific, Black Sea, the Caspian Flotilla was a smaller force operating in the land-locked Caspian Sea. Main components of the Soviet Navy included Soviet Naval Aviation, Naval Infantry, most of the Soviet Navy was reformed into the Russian Navy after the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991, while some elements became the basis of the Ukrainian, Azerbaijani and Georgian navies. During the revolution, sailors deserted their ships at will and generally neglected their duties, the officers were dispersed and most of the sailors left their ships. Work stopped in the shipyards, where uncompleted ships deteriorated rapidly, the Black Sea Fleet fared no better than the Baltic. The Bolshevik revolution entirely disrupted its personnel, with murders of officers. At the end of April 1918, German troops entered Crimea, the more effective ships were moved from Sevastopol to Novorossiysk where, after an ultimatum from Germany, they were scuttled by Vladimir Lenins order. The ships remaining in Sevastopol were captured by the Germans and then, after November 1918, on 1 April 1919, when Red Army forces captured Crimea, the British squadron had to withdraw, but before leaving they damaged all the remaining battleships and sank thirteen new submarines. When the White Army captured Crimea in 1919, it rescued and reconditioned a few units, at the end of the civil war, Wrangels fleet, a White fleet, moved to Bizerta in French Tunisia, where it was interned. The first ship of the navy could be considered the rebellious Imperial Russian cruiser Aurora. Sailors of the Baltic fleet supplied the fighting force of the Bolsheviks during the October Revolution, some imperial vessels continued to serve after the revolution, albeit with different names. The Soviet Navy, established as the Workers and Peasants Red Fleet by a 1918 decree of the Soviet government, was less than service-ready during the interwar years, as the countrys attentions were largely directed internally, the Navy did not have much funding or training. The greater part of the old fleet was sold by the Soviet government to Germany for scrap, in the Baltic Sea there remained only three much-neglected battleships, two cruisers, some ten destroyers, and a few submarines. Despite this state of affairs, the Baltic Fleet remained a significant naval formation, there also existed some thirty minor-waterways combat flotillas. During the 1930s, as the industrialization of the Soviet Union proceeded, approved by the Labour and Defence Council in 1926, the Naval Shipbuilding Program included plans to construct twelve submarines, the first six were to become known as the Dekabrist class. Beginning 4 November 1926, Technical Bureau Nº4, under the leadership of B. M, malinin, managed the submarine construction works at the Baltic Shipyard. In subsequent years,133 submarines were built to designs developed during Malinins management, additional developments included the formation of the Pacific Fleet in 1932 and the Northern Fleet in 1933
9. Destroyer – Before World War II, destroyers were light vessels with little endurance for unattended ocean operations, typically a number of destroyers and a single destroyer tender operated together. After the war, the advent of the missile allowed destroyers to take on the surface combatant roles previously filled by battleships. This resulted in larger and more powerful guided missile destroyers more capable of independent operation, the emergence and development of the destroyer was related to the invention of the self-propelled torpedo in the 1860s. A navy now had the potential to destroy an enemy battle fleet using steam launches to launch torpedoes. Fast boats armed with torpedoes were built and called torpedo boats, the first seagoing vessel designed to fire the self-propelled Whitehead torpedo was the 33-ton HMS Lightning in 1876. She was armed with two drop collars to launch these weapons, these were replaced in 1879 by a torpedo tube in the bow. By the 1880s, the type had evolved into small ships of 50–100 tons, in response to this new threat, more heavily gunned picket boats called catchers were built which were used to escort the battle fleet at sea. The anti-torpedo boat origin of this type of ship is retained in its name in other languages, including French, Italian, Portuguese, Czech, Greek, Dutch and, up until the Second World War, Polish. At that time, and even into World War I, the function of destroyers was to protect their own battle fleet from enemy torpedo attacks. The task of escorting merchant convoys was still in the future, an important development came with the construction of HMS Swift in 1884, later redesignated TB81. This was a torpedo boat with four 47 mm quick-firing guns. At 23.75 knots, while still not fast enough to engage torpedo boats reliably. Another forerunner of the torpedo boat destroyer was the Japanese torpedo boat Kotaka, designed to Japanese specifications and ordered from the London Yarrow shipyards in 1885, she was transported in parts to Japan, where she was assembled and launched in 1887. The 165-foot long vessel was armed with four 1-pounder quick-firing guns and six torpedo tubes, reached 19 knots, in her trials in 1889, Kotaka demonstrated that she could exceed the role of coastal defense, and was capable of accompanying larger warships on the high seas. The Yarrow shipyards, builder of the parts for the Kotaka, the first vessel designed for the explicit purpose of hunting and destroying torpedo boats was the torpedo gunboat. Essentially very small cruisers, torpedo gunboats were equipped with torpedo tubes, by the end of the 1890s torpedo gunboats were made obsolete by their more successful contemporaries, the torpedo boat destroyers, which were much faster. The first example of this was HMS Rattlesnake, designed by Nathaniel Barnaby in 1885, the gunboat was armed with torpedoes and designed for hunting and destroying smaller torpedo boats. Exactly 200 feet long and 23 feet in beam, she displaced 550 tons, built of steel, Rattlesnake was un-armoured with the exception of a 3⁄4-inch protective deck
10. Knot (unit)
Akizuki is a destroyer based on Japanese destroyer Akizuki (Japanese: 秋月).
Akizsuki is the lead ship of her class destroyer, a class of Japanese destroyers with a greater focus on anti-air capabilities sacrificing a strong torpedo armament. Compared to other Japanese destroyers her max torpedo rating is a little weaker but once upgraded and modified she has a strong air defense that can extend to adjacent units in the fleet and a greater crit chance with her torpedoes.
Akizuki's currently the only source of 3rd Year Type E1 high angle guns, a destroyer gun that can extend the range of a destroyer from short to medium without the the negative side effects of the Soviet 305mm Recoilless Cannon.
Akizuki, literally: "autumn moon".
|Skill: Anti-Air Cut In|
|Effect||Lv1||Buff: Increases own and adjacent ship's Anti-Air by 6 |
Passive: Increases torpedo crit rate by 9%
|Lv2||Buff: Increases own and adjacent ship's Anti-Air by 7 |
Passive: Increases torpedo crit rate by 12%
|Lv3||Buff: Increases own and adjacent ship's Anti-Air by 8 |
Passive: Increases torpedo crit rate by 15%
Destroyer Akizuki is here. Admiral, please assign difficult missions to me, will you?
- Akizuki's image contains many ducklings as a reference to the alternate spelling of her name in Japanese, Akiduki.
|Cores||Destroyer cores x 6|
|New Year's Prayer|