We are very excited to continue the RSM Online Homework program, which currently supports all 4th through 10th grade algebra classes and 6th, 7th, and 10th grade geometry classes.
RSM Online Homework is an excellent tool and beneficial resource for students, parents, and teachers:
- Students have the opportunity to identify and correct mistakes before turning in their homework to their teacher. As a result, students will develop better critical thinking skills and achieve higher grades.
- Parents will stay informed about their child's progress through automatic notifications of the assignment status and the assignment grade.
- Teachers can review the results of online assignments to determine which homework problems caused the most difficulty for students. Analysis of assignments allow teachers to better prepare lessons and use this information to modify the presentation of the material in class.
Please remember: teachers will still collect written homework to check your child’s thought process, to identify gaps in understanding, and to adjust homework grades. Make sure your child shows their work on paper and brings it to the classroom for the teacher's review.
If you have any questions regarding online homework please ask your teacher or office administration.
How It Works:
- During the lesson the teacher assigns homework, which is due the following week.
- The next day (often by noon), the parents and student receive a link to the electronic version of that same assignment. Students solve the homework on paper, enter their answers online and receive immediate feedback.
- A reminder is sent to both parents and students if the online assignment has not been started within 4 days.
- Parents will receive an email with the score of the assignment.
HW Help @ RSM Newton 04:00 - 08:00 PM on FRIDAYS, next session on 03/02
All grades/levels (No Caclulus)
To sign up, please visit: https://goo.gl/forms/OnDJ9QZEjXMMpEbt1
HW Help ONLINE
Algebra (4th - 9th gr), Geometry (6, 7, 9, 10th gr)
To sign up, please visit: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0a4ba9a829a7fa7-homework2
• To help students who have missed a class and need help with a new topic;
• To help understand a material;
• Following teacher’s recommendation;
1. Before coming for HW help the student has to try to finish their assignment themselves – the tutor will only go over the questions, not the whole homework;
2. If the student needs help with a specific topic, the tutor will go over it, then work through a few problems together – student will have to try to finish the rest independently;
3. The student should not spend more than 1 hour in the HW help;
4. The student should bring all the materials for the homework in printed form – there is no WiFi available to access the assignment from a laptop;
The registration is REQUIRED for every session.