Assignment # 1
MTH303 (Fall 2014)
Total marks: 15
Lecture # 1 to 10
Due date: 01/12/2014
DON’T MISS these important instructions:
• Upload assignments properly through LMS, (No Assignment will be accepted through email).
• All students are directed to use the font and style of text as is used in this document.
• This is an individual assignment, not group assignment, so keep in mind that you are supposed to submit your own, self made & different assignment even if you discuss the questions with your class fellows. All similar assignments (even with some meaningless modifications) will be awarded zero marks and no excuse will be accepted. This is your responsibility to keep your assignment safe from others.
• Above all instructions are for all assignments so may not be mentioned in future.
• Solve the assignment on MS word document and upload your word (.doc) files only.
Question 1: Marks 5
Distinguish the linear and non-linear differential equations out of the following.
Question 2: Marks 10
Solve the Bernoulli differential equation by using an appropriate substitution.
We live today-at the beginning of the twentieth century-in a world that is intensely worrying, yet full of
the most extraordinary promise for the future. It is a world awash with change, marked by deep conflicts,
tensions and social divisions, as well as by the destructive onslaught of modern technology on the natural
environment. Yet we have possibility of controlling our destiny and shaping our lives for the better that
would have been unimaginable to earlier generations.
How did this world come about? Why are our conditions of life so different from those of our parents and
grandparents? What directions change will take in future? These questions are the prime concern of
sociology, a field of study that consequently has a fundamental role in modern technological life.
As a student of Sociology you are expected to understand social world in a better way. The diverse
impacts of social world on an individual’s life are multidimensional. In this regard, you are given a chance
to evaluate your own life (Profile) in context with social world. You are required to write a 1000 word
article based on the following points:
• How society shaped your life?
• Impact of social forces on your personal life.
• How your ascribed status is influenced by achieved status?
• The varying influence of social forces on your life as compared to your parents and grandparents.