General Contractor Advice
General contractors oversee building projects from initiation to completion. The cover letter examples below have been designed to help you write your general contractor cover letter quickly. Click on any of the cover letter examples to review them, then create your own cover letter with the example in mind. Get started today and take the next step toward the general contractor job you want!
Cover Letter Tips for General Contractor
Finding jobs as a General Contractor takes some hard work and a great attitude. Having advanced job-seeking skills helps, too. The most prepared candidates will usually have a better chance at getting hired. These tips can help you reach your employment goals in any market.
1. Make sure to have a well-prepared cover letter, no matter what kind of job you’re trying to land. If you are looking for an academic or professional medical position, it’s best to have a CV, or Curriculum Vitae, to present to potential employers.
2. Check your personal and professional networks at every opportunity. Social networking is a great idea as well as an important skill that connects you with professionals in all kinds of different fields.
3. Create an attractive, yet easy to read business card with your name and email address on it. List your skills that pertain to the type of job you want to have. You can even put your picture on it if you like. This will remind potential employers of you and potentially separate you from the rest of the crowd.
4. Don’t let your social media personal profiles keep you from getting a job. Make these private. If you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, create one. List your skills and accomplishments there as well. This increases your exposure while making you a more desirable candidate.
5. Make it a point to talk to at least one person each day about your job search. These can be other professionals, a job help representative or someone at a job fair.
General Contractor Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to hunting for jobs as a General Contractor, you will need a well-written and noticeable cover letter. Get their attention with a cover letter that highlights your skills and qualifications. Show them you’re the best candidate with these helpful tips.
1. Keep up with the trends. Due to the fact that cover letter styles have changed rapidly over the past few years, you might need to do a bit of research first. Be sure to tailor your cover letter to the type of job you wish to get. The layout should be easy to read no matter what style you choose.
2. If you have the time, try to match your cover letter to the culture of the company. This could give you a bit of an edge.
3. Let them know why you are the best candidate for the job. Figure it out ahead of time and be sure to spell it out on your cover letter.
4. Do some research on the company to which you are applying and prepare some questions to ask in case you are interviewed. It will help you stand out from the rest.
5. List your accomplishments, skills and qualifications in bullets on your cover letter. Be sure to mention your education and any awards or accomplishments you have achieved.
RE: Construction Project Engineer, September 23, 2014
Dear Mr. Cote,
As a highly skilled Construction Project Engineer, I read your posting for a new Construction Project Engineer with interest. My experience aligns well with the qualifications you are seeking a, in particular my role as a Construction Project Engineer at ERN Construction, and I am certain I would make a valuable addition to your organization.
With more than 9 years’ experience as a Construction Project Engineer, I am adept in multi-site management, business development, and personnel acquisition and training. Moreover, while my on-the-job experience has afforded me a well-rounded skill set, including first-rate organizational and time management skills, I excel at:
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Budget & Cost Control
- Business Proposal Writing
In addition to my experience and personal qualities, I have a solid educational foundation and a knack for construction management. Please review my attached resume for additional details regarding my expertise and abilities. I will follow up to request an appointment to discuss how my experience and background meets your needs.
Thank you for your time and consideration.